Homemade-gourmet-Burger-Patties6th Jul 2019
Oven Roasted Extra Crispy Pork Belly
- 1 kg skinless pork belly
- 2 teaspoons fine salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- a few grinds of black pepper
- Season pork belly with salt sugar and a few grinds of black pepper. Cover and refrigerate
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Roast pork belly for 30 minutes in a heavy, oven-safe pan or skillet, fat side up. Reduce heat to
- 140°C and roast for an hour or more, until tender but not mushy. (Larger pieces of pork belly
- will take longer. Our one-pound belly was done after an hour at 140°C.)
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate
- until chilled through – at least a few hours and up to 2 days.
- Once chilled, slice into thick pieces and brown in a skillet on the stovetop until crisp.
- Enjoy alone or in soups, salads, pasta sauces, ramen and more!
- Turn the skin upside down on a tea towel overnight to get rid of unwanted moisture
Werners Vleismark https://www.wernersvleismark.co.za/