Homemade-gourmet-Burger-Patties6th Jul 2019
Quick-as-you-like Smokey “Bachelor Stew”
- 1kg stewing beef, cut into large chunks
- 2 onions, chopped
- 800g (2 cans) chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp each sweet paprika, ground cumin and mild chilli powder
- 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat oven to 160°C
- Mix the beef, onions, tomatoes, spices, vinegar and sugar in a casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 2½ hrs.
- Stir in the beans and bake for 30 mins more (with the lid off if the casserole is a little wet or lid
- on if good consistency), until the beef is tender.
- Brown Meat First for Better Flavor
Werners Vleismark https://www.wernersvleismark.co.za/